EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!
The Cygnus Donor Survey
...where philanthropy is headed in 2012
Author and researcher, Penelope Burk, says of this 3rd annual Cygnus Donor Survey...
Just when we thought we had donors figured out, they came along and surprised us again! The findings of this year's study are simply the most intriguing and thought-provoking we have published to date.
Good news -- 63% of Canadians surveyed intend to give the same or more to charitable causes this year. Even better news -- the survey's most generous donors seem to have turned the corner -- 20% say they will give more while only 11% plan to give less.
But how they will give, let alone what will motivate them break through to a whole new level of philanthropy, is what makes this survey's findings so fascinating.
The 2012 Cygnus Donor Survey reveals what 26,000 North Americans had to say about...
• how donors manage their giving "behind the scenes" and the impact that budgeting strategically for philanthropy has on fundraising success;
• the untapped potential in donors under the age of 35 and how fundraisers can capitalize on these vibrant and willing young supporters;
• why Monthly Giving is both a boon to short-term revenue and a challenge for major gifts fundraisers;
• how fundraising events offer a solution to the biggest problem that direct marketers face today;
• what donors look for when they visit not-for-profits' websites and how fundraisers can make online giving even more successful.
The Cygnus Donor Survey Report is full of research statistics and evidence on issues that fundraisers are contending with right now. Even more important, however, the report features a compelling narrative by the Survey's author, Penelope Burk, on what all this research data means. Penelope clearly explains how not-for-profits can use the Cygnus Survey findings to test new initiatives and improve overall fundraising performance immediately