Board & Leadership Training
The leaders of the not-for-profit sector – senior management staff and board volunteers – have increasingly demanding roles and higher levels of accountability, yet rarely do these key leaders have the opportunity to engage in professional and volunteer development designed specifically to meet their unique needs. The Cygnus leadership seminar takes just three hours from the schedules of these busy leaders, but returns a career’s worth of rewards.
For Directors and Chief Executives
The foundation of this seminar is proving to industry leaders the incredible capacity of the Donor-Centered™ approach to fundraising. It also emphasizes the important role that volunteers have in solidifying donor loyalty and raising more money, and that chief executives have to enable their staff and volunteers to connect with donors the Donor-Centered™ way. Of course, this is Cygnus, so we also provide practical techniques that will help create measurable improvements in your fundraising success. As an added bonus, this workshop often becomes the springboard for securing volunteer commitments to making and supporting the Donor-Centered™ change.
A typical leadership seminar includes:
- Presentation of the results of Cygnus’ research on donor communication and recognition and how it influences the role of leadership volunteers;
- Examination of test examples from Cygnus studies that apply to your organization, with real examples from the field;
- Discussion of how leadership volunteers can play important roles in establishing meaningful relationships with new donors;
- Evaluation of the specific contributions board members can make in acknowledging and communicating with donors even when not asking for money;
- Discussion on the information board members need in order to evaluate fundraising progress objectively and meaningfully;
- Analysis of what needs to be prioritized in the fundraising budget to support a Donor-Centered™ approach to raising money;
- Examination of how to recognize negative fundraising trends before they impact the bottom line, and how to spot untapped fundraising opportunities before they slip away.
To learn more about engaging Cygnus to work with your key leaders, please contact us by email email@example.com, or by phone 800-264-0267 to speak with one of our client service representatives.